|Also known as||
|Powers and Abilities|
- "Your kinds' days are over. Back to the world of darkness and destruction with you!"
- ―Dr. Ferringo to Magnus Lee[src]
In the novel, Vampire Hunter D, his appearance is described as a older man about the same age as the mayor, he also had the intelligent look of a distinguished old gentleman.
He is intelligent and good-natured man, who truly worried about Lang chilldren welfare on a daily basis.
Vampire Hunter DIn the Vampire Hunter D movie, Dr. Fering is an older man living in the village. He cares deeply about Doris and Dan, taking on a fatherly role after the death of theirs. Dr. Fering does not trust D very much because of his dangerous countenance. Regardless of this, he does not want to see Doris become the count's new wife and decides to go along with D's plans to slay him.
Near the end of the story, Dr. Fering is turned into a vampire himself and is then staked by Larmika when he attempts to feed on Doris against Magnus' orders, as he fall to his death he ask Doris to forgive him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- The little t thing referred to in the letter from Doris's father is actually the Sign of the Cross.
- Doctor Ferringo's voice actors was Motomu Kiyokawa in Japanese version and John Swasey also Steve Kramer in English version.
- (To Doris) "But there's a time and a place for restraint. You don't have to be that way with me. Seventeen years ago, I brought you into this world with my own two hands, and you've always been like a daughter to me, haven't you? Now this old fool ain't the sort to just stand by while a young lady does battle with a demon straight from hell.".
- (To Doris) "Here we have the fruit of that very endeavor. I hypnotized a dozen of the men and women I interviewed, and tried to regress them with the help of reenactment-stimulating drugs I procured from the Capital. What I have here is something two of them mentioned. You see, even with all their science, the creatures of the night couldn't completely erase our memories.".
- (To Doris) ""Him. All the true Nobility in the world were united under the thousand Greater Nobility, the seven Kings, and the legendary dark lord who ruled them all—the great vampire, the king of kings, Dra—"".
- (To Larmica) "Larmica, I presume. You honor me with your praise".