|Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane|
|English Title||Vampire Hunter D: Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane|
|Original title||Vampire Hunter 6: D — Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane|
|Japanese||吸血鬼ハンター６ Ｄ―聖魔遍歴 (Banpaia Hantā D — Seima Henreki)|
|English Publication Data|
|Publication date||December 13, 2006|
|Published by||DH Press, DMP Books|
|Japanese Publication Data|
|Publication date||March 5, 1988|
January 7, 2008
|Published by||Asahi Sonorama|
|ISBN||ISBN 4-257-76400-7 |
|Japanese||Vampire Hunter 6|
The Stuff of Dreams
Mysterious Journey to the North Sea
Pilgrimage of the Sacred and the Profane is the sixth book in the Vampire Hunter series.
A supposedly impassable desert lies between the Inner and Outer Frontier. To cross it, the centenarian Granny Viper is looking for some powerful backup. Granny is a "people finder" and she must ferry her latest find, a young woman named Tae, across to the town of Barnabas in the next four days.
As an "abductee" who lived 8 years in the vampire castle of Gradinia, Tae is the object of suspicion. Her only hope for future happiness is pinned on arriving in Barnabas before the last of her blood relations move on. Hoping to play on the sympathies of frosty D and enlist his aid, Granny offends her other potential escorts—those renowned warriors of the Frontier, the Bullow brothers. The following arrangement is reached: D is traveling to Barnabas on business of his own, Granny and Tae are free to follow him, and the Bullow Brothers tag along as well to settle the score with D when the journey is over. But it won't be easy going, as the desert has surprises of its own.
- Left Hand
- Sacred Ancestor
- Granny Viper The People Finder (specialized in finding children who have been spirited away)
- Tae (human girl who was once kidnapped by a Noble)
- The Bullow Brothers (a family duo of hunters)
- Master of the Desert (a creature created by research long ago by the Nobility)
- Living Desert (the Desert of No Return is a living desert controls all aspects of itself: Tornadoes, increasing heat, black butterflies and other creatures)
- Immortal Bandits (band of immortal bandits)
- Unnamed Assassin hired by Thornton (assassin)
- Thornton (lawyer)
- Thornton's Secretary
- Lance (a member of a farming group Improving Crops in the Northern Frontier)
- Marquis Venessiger The Noble of Gradinia (greater noble)
- Sand Men
- Bugs from the desert of no return
- Tentacles from the desert of no return (tipped with steel spears)
- Living Mountain
- Globes of light
- Glow Bug
- Inner Frontier
- Outer Frontier
- Barnabas (town)
- Desert Town (town)
- Desert of no return
- Moving Forest
- Castle Gradinia
- Lawyer Office
- El Capitan (bar)
- Audio Drama - Description.
- Manga - Description.
Trivia pertaining to this volume.